Craft did a series of awesome interviews (that link is with one of my faves, Diane of Craftypod) with crafty folks. Thought I’d re-introduce myself and update you-all on my crafty endeavors. Here goes!
One project I am particularly proud of…
Well, I’d have to say this survey. I’ve never contacted so many people before, or tweeted so often, or internet-met so many awesome folks! It was a lot of work, but I learned how to make a website and how to organize a LOT of info.
Two mistakes I’ve made in the past…
Oh, there are so many to choose from.
1. Getting my nose pierced twice and letting it go twice. I kind of want to get my nose pierced again, but given my track record, I don’t think it’s wise.
2. Worrying about every cookie I ever ate in college. There were so many cookies, and I felt guilty about every single one. Life improved immeasurably when I learned to let the cookies go.
Three things that make my work unique…
1. I try hard to write about things that show something interesting about our era, often related to women and girls. I think these things aren’t talked about as much, but have a huge impact on what’s going on in our country.
2. I like to be straightforward. No jargon, please.
3. I used to be a math major! So, I like to explain things and I try to make numbers readable.
Four tools you love to use…
1. Clipboard, like April in the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
2. Thin markers.
3. My Gingher scissors.
4. A tiny voice recorder with a USB port.
1. Craft books. I’m addicted like you wouldn’t believe and have been since I could open books. (Retro Revamp is one of my faves)
2. My fellow teachers. I steal lesson plans from them literally every day. Ok, maybe not literally, but seriously, every day.
4. The Crafty Chica
! The first craft blog I ever read : )3. Craft bloggers’ buttons. I still can’t believe how beautiful you guys can make a Facebook button look.
5. The Grownup Noise, a band from Boston. They are awesome, they have such a good time playing their music, and they’re really really nice, too!